Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe submitted by Donna - Drip Depot, content manager
- 1 - 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups butternut squash, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-½ Tbsp curry powder (more or less to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 14 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 T sugar or maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp chili paste or powder (more or less to taste), optional
- Toasted pumpkin seeds or chopped peanuts
- Sriracha chili sauce
- Sour cream or coconut milk
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic approximately 2 minutes.
Add butternut squash, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder and cinnamon. Cover and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add coconut milk, broth and sweetner. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till vegetables are tender, approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Carefully puree soup until creamy smooth.
Add additional seasonings to taste, return to heat for a few more minutes.
Garnish as desired. Serves four.