Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Recipe submitted by Jin, Drip Depot, Imaging department
Serves up to 4-6 people
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice, fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/4 cup of peas
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro/ or spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Once water starts boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until water has been absorbed, about 13-17 minutes. Once it's cooked, set aside to cool.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, about 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine quinoa, black beans, corn, peas, red onion, and chopped cilantro/spinach together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.